Monday, December 3, 2007

Thoughts

Becky and I started doing this because my dad-and Becky's grandpa-needed round the clock care. So we take care of him (we call him Newt) and we needed to do that and earn a living too. Enter Heffy's Collections and our partnership was born. Four months into our business, 10 months into caring for Newt, our trials and tribulations have been many. The joys: Newt is still home and we know exactly the care he is getting and for me, working side by side with my daughter is worth whatever it takes. I get to see first-hand her many abilities, her fears, and her immense maturity and compassion. Newt appears to be the underlying theme and he really is, but long after he's gone, I'll still have this connection to Becky. It just doesn't get any better. We do the business, Newt, we cook, we talk. And it will continue throughout all of what we do.
In this space, sometimes I'll talk about taking care of a 91 year old father. Sometimes I'll share recipes. And most of all, I'll talk about Heffy's Collections and the vintage clothes. Life is good.

No comments: